HOTEL RAVESIS RECIPES
1 long red chilli
2 cloves garlic
1/4 bunch parsley
150g king prawns
150g market fish
1/2 kg black mussels
2 ripe roma tomato
2 glasses white wine
1/4 cup olive oil (EVO)
300g fresh pasta
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil for the pasta.
- Heat a large pan add the oil, finely slice and add the garlic, chilli and eschallot.
- Fry until garlic starts to brown then dice 1cm the tomato,
- Add prawn and fish to the pan with the mussels.
- Immediately after the seafood add the wine and reduce by 3/4.
- Set aside and put your pasta in to cook.
- Be sure to save at least 3 cups of the pasta water when straining the pasta.
- Add pasta to the pan follow into the pan with the parsley chopped and adjust the sauce using the pasta water (I personally like mine quite soupy) adjust seasoning with salt and pepper then serve.
- The recipe states market fish as this is what we do in the restaurant, most recently using swordfish but we have also used Kingfish, barramundi and tuna all work remarkably well.
- Mind the chilli, long red chilli’s can vary in heat vastly
- I do all of the cooking on a high heat, have everything ready to go before you start and do not simmer/ slow cook as it will overcook.
- In the restaurant we use fresh rolled pasta although dry pastas will also work in this dish.